Saturday, May 17, 2008

Marvelous!

Friday afternoon I had a brutal trail run. I wasn't expecting 30 degrees for one and I think I was wicked dehydrated so I felt like a bag of smashed assholes the entire run. I drank and drank and drank water but I had a severe headache still. Later on that night someone convinced me to drink some gatorade...worked like a charm and I felt better soon after. I'll be making note of that for future runs/bikes/hikes etc. in hot weather.

This morning I had a 40km road ride in the sunshine. It was a truly perfect sunny day and a gorgeous day to ride a bike. For the 2nd time in 3 days a man who passed us in his truck (he was going the opposite direction) turned around, drove back to us just to let us know that we were heading towards a juvenile bear. What a nice guy! We kept riding but didn't see the bear. Prolly cause I was yodelling my head off the for the rest of the ride.

Total animal count to date: 17 bear, 14 deer, 1 coyote, 2 dead snakes. I hate snakes and dead's how I like em.

After my bike I spent the rest of the day outside in the sunshine (with sunscreen on of course). It was marvelous and I really love Squamish even more when the sun shines.

No comments: