Friday, April 8, 2011

return to the real world...postponed for now

Wow, I've been busy since I returned from traveling Japan, Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia. Busy on purpose, but still, not a lot of spare time for stuff like writing blog posts. I'm keeping myself busy busy so I don't have to think about the breakup, and I don't want to think too much about the fabulous beaches of Thailand...ahhh what a sweet 3 months that was. I highly recommend taking 3 months (or more) away from the daily grind, whatever the cost. Best thing I ever did for myself. And I'm currently working on the 2nd best thing I've ever done for myself...

I took up triathlon training with gusto and I'm 'all in' at the moment. I'm working with a coach for the very first time and so far so good. The structure is just what a person like me (lazy!) needs and I must say, I'm enjoying myself so much. Sure, my legs seem to always feel either like they've been pumped full of lead, or they're burning with fire...but I know I'm getting ever so slightly stronger and ever so slightly faster. I realize than an Olympic distance triathlon is no big deal for some, but for me it was. It is. I couldn't do those distances in around 3 hours without some serious training, so that's what I'm doing. It's fun. Really fun! And really hard, but in a fun way!

Tonight though, I'm going to indulge in a Cosmopolitan or five.

No comments: