Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I was sprawled on the couch

I did another fun ride on Sunday, around 80k along the Sea to Sky highway between Vancouver and Squamish with a group of 5 others. A lovely day for a ride, we even saw a little blue sky which was a nice break from the clouds and rain we've been having. The beginning of the ride was stop start stop start, we had 3 flats to deal with in the first 45 minutes. Things went smoothly after that and we enjoyed lunch and coffee at Delaney's in Park Royal Village, a perfect pit stop. Even though this ride was about 30km shorter than last weekend's ride I found it more of a challenge. My legs were still sore from Friday's session, eeek!

Monday I spent the entire day sprawled on the couch with a monster of a headache, I didn't go to work, didn't go to CompuTrainer and missed a meeting, it was that bad. My guess is I effed up my liquid/electrolyte/h20 intake the day before and I paid for it Monday. Nasty business and I've got to get that sorted out, don't want to be suffering like that after every long ride. On a positive note, I had the nutrition side of things dialed! Real food all day (bananas, eggs, ham, cheese, whole wheat bread, peanut butter, coconut, plus 1 package of Honey Stinger (Orange Blossom) blocks doled out at regular intervals on the return trip home kept me fueled and feeling feisty.

After work yesterday I went for a lovely trail run with 2 lovely gals. We hit up the Sea to Sky trail starting near Cheakamus (across from Function) and made our way towards the Calcheak bridge. We estimate it was about 10k, and there were some hills thrown in to keep us honest. The terrain was awesome, lovely gravel that's been packed down and doesn't feel loose and sketchy. An A+ for that trail, a perfect running trail. We had a few peek a boo spots where we could see snow capped mountains, the rest was trees and and rivers and creeks. Whistler at its best!

No comments: