Saturday, April 7, 2007

One step back but two steps forward

Yesterday my plan was to do a road ride. It never happened. I had searing, burning, hot pain in my left hip that progressively got worse throughout the day so I decided to skip the bike and have a rest day. I was totally beating myself up over skipiping the ride but then decided that I was stupid to feel so guilty when I was in that much pain. Plus my legs needed the rest. An extra rest day so early on in the schedule may have actually been a smart thing to do.

Woke up for my run today to overcast but warm weather. Shorts & t-shirt. Cathy and I headed to Brackendale and did part of the triathlon run route. 50:52 was our time. A really slow pace kept Cathy's heart rate at or below 145 the entire time. No idea what mine was. My legs felt like lead but my breathing was steady, even up the inclines so that's a positive sign for me. It was good to get out and clear my head. I'm pleased that I ran for 50 minutes.

So although I skipped a bike ride yesterday I'm stoked that I ran for 50 minutes today. One step back, two steps forward.

No comments: